• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photographic Gems of Our Times From The Web Matthieu Venot

Jerome Marot

Matthieu Venot "faded glory" presents pictures from the French coastal cities in pastel colours.

1.jpg

4.jpg

(The other projects on the page are equally worth looking at)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jerome,

I finally got a moment to return here and pay homage to the talent of this French Photographer, Matthieu Venot. As you point out his pictures have in common a use of pastel colors. To some extent, he seeks them out but I suspect he is bringing the diverse pictures to a common color palette in post-processing, akin to videographer's and film use of colorist software.

Most of the pictures shown have a cloudless and uniform, structureless sky, as if it had been printed with a single light blue-cyan ink. The two main elements he chooses are wall and roof shapes that have well defined and uncomplicated shapes of buildings or their parts mostly in off white hues. Generally, buildings are devoid of wires, visible fixtures, drain pipes, garbage cans, flower pots lying around and, as one might expect from the description so far, not a speck of trash anywhere, dog, cat or stay bird!

Likely as not, Matthieu simplified each shot, but that's my guess, as outside of Zurich, one General finds all sorts of trash or mats to walls and ground everywhere.

The effect one gets is that one is looking at something approaching a printed lithograph, where all blocks of color are uniform. In fact these photographs are one adjustment short of being prints from the atelier of Gemini G.E.L. in Los Angeles.

Thanks for adding another photographer with both vision and style to follow!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jerome,

It's interesting, that Paul Abbott just posted a new picture which seems to move itself in Matthieu's distinctive landscape. Or am I mistaken completely?

Asher